[TYPO3-english] TS: problem with wrap.override

Jo Hasenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Nov 26 22:06:19 CET 2014

Am 26.11.2014 17:38, schrieb Ralf-Rene Schröder:
> Am 26.11.2014 17:01, schrieb Bert Hiddink [BENDOO e-work solutions]:
>> As far as I can see, the snippet below is correct but the condition for
>> the wrap.override never turn true. What could be the problem here?
> have look in the TS-Ref
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/latest/Functions/Stdwrap/Index.html#stdwrap-wrap
> wrap has NO stdWrap functions, and so NO overwrite

With TYPO3 4.5+, this is not true anymore, since we got "chained
stdWrap" for any default stdWrap method.

Quoting the code:
// If there is any code one the next level, check if it contains
"official" stdWrap functions
// if yes, execute them first - will make each function stdWrap aware

Even for the wrap method of the COA object there is an additional set of
stdWrap functions available.

But I guess the problem is the COA, since this will render the object
just once and put it into cache, so the change of the GP variable does
not have any influence on the output afterwards. Try using a COA_INT
instead to avoid caching.

HTH

Joey

--