[TYPO3-english] Restrict access to files referenced on pages

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Tue Nov 25 00:41:44 CET 2014

Am 24.11.2014 23:38, schrieb Christoph Holtermann:
>> Hi Christoph,
>> >
>> >As far as I understand your problem, your .htaccess is your friend here. Just deny the access to the files there. No extension necessary - it works right on the server level.
>> >
>> >Be safe,
>> >Peter
>> >
> I don't understand how to use the .htaccess here. I can restrict access to a certain directory/file by using it. But how to connect that to the activity state of a certain Typo3 page ?
>
> regards,
>
> Christoph
Let's put it thus: you basically block all outside access to the files.
The access trough TYPO3 isn't affected by that. So the access of google
etc to your files via TYPO3 isn't impeded.

Take care,
Peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"The way of revenge lies in simply forcing one's way into a place and being cut down. There is no shame in this. By thinking that you must complete the job you will run out of time."
(Hagakure)