[TYPO3-english] Restrict access to files referenced on pages

Christoph Holtermann c.holtermann at gmx.de
Mon Nov 24 22:52:21 CET 2014

Hello,

is there a possibility or extension to restrict access to files
in folders to files that are being referenced by active pages ?
So if I have page A where file B can be downloaded I want to
stop access to file B when page A goes offline (deleted
or inactive).

I believe that in general I have all my files in a download folder
that can be accessed from the outside and every link on a
page in TYPO3 to such file is just a link and if copy that link
I can access that file all the time even if the page got deleted.
If the page exists doesn't matter because it's just a collection
of links to my download folder.

I know that in mediawiki there is an extension that changes
the behavior so that all files are in an restricted area that
can not be accessed from the outside. The link on a page
fetches the file, maybe generates a dynamic copy of that
file or however that may be handled there. The effect is that
the file can only be accessed via the page / the link makes
a call to the system first to ask if the file is active and only then
grants access.

The thing is that access to files by google etc. shall be limited
to the files on online pages.

regards,

Christoph Holtermann

--
--- Nachricht gesendet von C. Holtermann ---