[TYPO3-english] Newbee on using data from a database

Tom Duncan tom at ctd.com.au
Tue Nov 18 06:59:23 CET 2014

Hi all,
I am a new person to TYPO3 and neos.
I have an application that has recipes (as in food)
This is in a single mysql database at the moment.
1. With fields like Course
2. Name of recipe
3. Ingredients needed
4. How to cook
5. Time to prepare
6. comments

What I would like to do is first create a list of courses.
Then when selected it will then show the names of the recipes that meet that requirement.
Then select which recipe which will show it.

Seems simple, I hope.

Can someone give me an idea on how to use the data. I will copy the table into the Typo3 database.
Also at a later stage have login to the area within my site and availability for a user to add a recipe.

Any ideas?

Tom Duncan
Australia