[TYPO3-english] Compatibility issue when uploading files

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Nov 15 23:59:14 CET 2014

Hi,

On 15/11/2014 14:26, Mischa Obrecht wrote:
> I recently upgraded to typo3 6.1.7 from a 4-something version. At the

A few reasons to repeat the process for an upgrade to 6.2:

- 6.1 is not maintained anymore
- 6.2 is an LTS version
- there is an extension available to help specifically with the
migration from 4.5 to 6.2 (probably works too for 4.something)
- FAL has been changed significantly in 6.2, so you won't need to
upgrade the FAL stuff to 6.2 in the near future.

> PHP Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 1 passed to
> TYPO3\CMS\Recordlist\Browser\ElementBrowser::createFolder() must be an
> instance of TYPO3\CMS\Core\Resource\Folder, string given, called in
> /home/.../typo3conf/ext/dam/class.tx_dam_browse_media.php on line 618

DAM seems to cause this issue. DAM isn't compatible with 6.x
There is an extension (dam2fal) to migrate DAM records to FAL records.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!