[TYPO3-english] Compatibility issue when uploading files

Mischa Obrecht m-obrecht at bluewin.ch
Sat Nov 15 14:26:34 CET 2014

Hi

I recently upgraded to typo3 6.1.7 from a 4-something version. At the time I did not realize that this is a rather big deal and to my surprise most of the update went pretty smooth.

I now am left with one problem concerning uploads of images. When I click on the "add Image" link in the "Edit page content" section in the backend, a popup opens up. As soon as I try to switch to the "Upload" tab I get the following error:

PHP Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 1 passed to TYPO3\CMS\Recordlist\Browser\ElementBrowser::createFolder() must be an instance of TYPO3\CMS\Core\Resource\Folder, string given, called in /home/.../typo3conf/ext/dam/class.tx_dam_browse_media.php on line 618 and defined in /home/.../typo3_src-6.1.7/typo3/sysext/recordlist/Classes/Browser/ElementBrowser.php line 2121

I dug into the code a little bit, and I found out that the interface to the function createFolder seems to have changed. The argument which is passed to the function in my installation is just a string, whereas the function expects an instance of a folder-Object (\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Resource\Folder).

Some further research revealed, that there seems to be an incompatibility between the DAM and the FAL layer. I even tryed to fix the code myself by manually creating a folder-Object after the string has been passed to createFolder() but didn't get very far yet.

Do you have any advice on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks a bunch
Cheers
Mischa