[TYPO3-english] Download website as static (html5)

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Nov 14 11:31:20 CET 2014

Am 14.11.14 10:10, schrieb Mark Boland:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> the extension spiders by itself, can spider special page types (different
> template, frontend with menu/spider without, different javascript etc.,
> freedom of choice for templating engine (Classic, Templa Voila, Fluid),
> can render several languages at once (we author our Online Help files for
> Windows applications in 5 languages with it), can generate a TOC and an
> index (both are also applicable to EPUBs) automatically (TOC from page
> tree layout, index from index markers in RTE). The results are cached, so
> it could use a scheduler job to prepare the files every night and deliver
> them on a push of a button.
>
> There is also a commercial solution that is not connected to our project
> that we found after we finished the first beta (life is cruel sometimes).
> I can’t find the URL at the moment, but I’m sure it is still alive.
>
> There is currently no frontend plugin for it, but I don’t think that it
> would take long to make one.
>
> We did cut some corners, though. You definitely need RealUrl (or some
> other form of URL rewriting) and the project in its current form is

of course, building a lot of index.php^H^H^Hhtml would not enable
turning pages.

> tailored to our needs. For example, we would have to split the export and
> the spider module to enable different export types.

modularity is better for extensions

> As already said, spidering needs some time (though the process could use
> the frontend cache, when running as a frontend plugin) and resources –
> hey, you _are_ ordering TYPO3 to generate all pages and content elements
> for you.

what I have in mind would not really benefit from cache:
think about an individualized catalog where the user do some selects and
the resulting products will be stored in a small brochure like ebook:
just a general introduction, then the (up to 50 out of >10000) products
with full description, maybe an overview, and last some general
information like 'terms and conditions'

the end format is not determined and could be any format usable as one
unit (ebook, pdf, chm, ...). zip would be not so good as it exploded to
single files.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html