[TYPO3-english] backend layout

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Nov 7 10:21:29 CET 2014

Hi,

On 07/11/2014 06:58, Katja Lampela wrote:
> I try to setup simpler backend layout for a backend editor group, but it
> seems the backend layout and the frontend are connected so that if I
> delete some columns from the backend layout, they disappear also from
> frontend. Can this be avoided, is my setup somehow wrong?
>
> Would be great to give different backend layouts because groups have
> different rights.

The backend layout should reflect the structure of the frontend to make
it easier for editors to identify the areas where certain content needs
to be placed.

In TYPO3 4.x you could use mod.SHARED.colPos_list to define which
"columns" were available in the page module.
In the latest TYPO3 6.2 release this option is working again and can be
used to set which areas (indicated by their colPos numbers) in the
backend layout are accessible.

Using backend layouts together with this option you can assign a BE
layout to a page to set the structure of the editing areas in the
backend and use the TSconfig option in backend user groups to determine
which of the editing areas are accessible to them.
If you have complex requirements it could take a bit of planning to
match the accessible areas with the various backend layouts. Note that
if you set colPos 1,2,4 and 5 as available for a user group then these
areas are available in *all* backend layouts.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!