[TYPO3-english] Re: Import from tt_news into tx_news fails

Urs Braem info at ursbraem.ch
Thu Nov 6 23:59:05 CET 2014

I experienced the same error with TYPO3 6.2.6, tt_news 3.6 and news_ttnewsimport 1.0.1

Then:

- Got the latest version of news_ttnewsimport from https://github.com/fsaris/news_ttnewsimport

- In the manual of news_ttnewsimport it says "I get errors when trying to run the importer -> Make sure the ext:news extbase models are generated. This can easily be done by opening a FE page with the ext:news plugin on it." -> Ok, let's get news running first to do that. Ah, in the news module, there is an error. See https://forge.typo3.org/issues/59914

-> don't forget to include static TS on the root page. Clear all caches and retry.

- Now I was able to create a record and perform the import
It worked for the content!

***
But...

No images were imported. Not in the news records, not in the directory I indicated for in .resourceFolderImporter" in the extension config (path "edtitors/pics/news", "storageUidImporter" is set to 1 for fileadmin). Also, on DB level, the table tx_news_domain_model_media stayed empty.

Another point in the news_ttnewsimport manual says "After import the images are media items and not FAL references. -> Make sure you have enabled FAL support in the extension manager configuration of ext:news".

- But in the extension config, "records.useFal" IS set to "Yes". And anyway, I'm not getting *any* images, not even media items.

Any idea here?

Btw: Second language was imported nicely, while categories weren't imported. And of 155 tt_news records, only 146 tx_news records were created.