[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.2.x: GraphicsMagic GIFBUILDER TIF (CMYK) to jpg, gif or png produces white image

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Nov 5 12:22:06 CET 2014

Am 05.11.14 10:42, schrieb Bert Hiddink [BENDOO e-work solutions]:
> Hello,
>
> The following snippet works fine in case of a jpg as source file but
> produces a white image in case of a tif source file (for both CMYK and
> RGB version):

>    30 = IMAGE
>    30 {
>      wrap=<div class="col-md-3 col-lg-3 col-sm-3"><div
> class="block-empty afbeelding">|</div></div>
>      file = GIFBUILDER
>      file {
>        XY = 240,240
>        format = jpg
>        quality = 100
>        10 = IMAGE
>        10.file = fileadmin/user_upload/images/test.jpg #Works fine
>        #produces white image
> #      10.file = fileadmin/user_upload/images/tif/7_001rgb.tif #
>        #produces white image
>   #     10.file = fileadmin/user_upload/images/tif/7_001.tif
>       }
>    }
>
> Using GM on TYPO3 6.2.x
>
> Any idea where this could come from? Should/can I specificy a specific
> color profile when rendering?

the problem might be:
TIF is a container format and can vary inside in more than just the
color-profiles.
have you problems with all your TIF-Files or just a few?
if gm can read your TIFs at all you might use GM to convert them in a
batch to PNG and afterwards work with the PNGs.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html