[TYPO3-english] Not able to edit pages in backend any more

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri May 30 07:50:33 CEST 2014

Hi Gunnar,

> Core: Error handler (BE): PHP Warning: simplexml_load_file():
> /home/solreszt/public_html/typo3conf/ext/bootstrap_package/Resources/Private/Language/Backend.xlf:18:
> parser error : xmlParseEntityRef: no name in
> /home/solreszt/public_html/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Localization/Parser/AbstractXmlParser.php
> line 110
> It seems to be some error With the backend layout, but where to look in
> order to find the problem file? Is it some error in the file
> Backend.xlf? And what kind of error? I have looked at the Backend.xlf
> but could not find any problem with that file.

Even though the error is cryptic, I'd say that on line 18 of Backend.xlf
you have a missing entity name, so in turn I'd say that you have written
"&" (ampersand) instead of "&". Could you please double-check?

You may use an online XML validator and copy/paste your XLF there, it
may show you some nicer error message as well.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
TYPO3 CMS Team Member