[TYPO3-english] Re: Re: Import from tt_news into tx_news fails

Torsten Crass torsten.crass at ebiology.de
Tue May 27 11:38:14 CEST 2014

Georg,

Quote: Georg Ringer wrote on Tue, 27 May 2014 10:28
> tx_news in that case

just before you replied, I installed both extensions from git and can now confirm that at least category import does work properly. I haven't tried out the actual news import yet since I'd like to first ask for clarification regarding some of the news extension's settings available through the extension manager. In particular, I'm not sure about the exact meaning of

- modules.storageUidImporter
- modules.resourceFolderImporter

The thing is, I have multiple sites running under the same Typo3 installation, each (well, at least: some of them) featuring its own sysfolder for news & news category storage. While importing categories, all system categories newly creaded from the original tt_news categories where placed in the sysfolders they originally resided in. That's exactly the behaviour I was hoping for -- apart from the fact that *all* categories from *all* sysfolders scattered *all over* the sites were imported, despite the fact that I had a specific sysfolder selected in the page tree when running the importer.
So I wonder what will happen when running a news import job and in how far its result will be influenced by the above mentioned settings. In particular, I wonder

- if news import will be restricted to news found within a sysfolder / subtree selected in the page tree, and
- if the imported news will get stored in their original location or in the page record declared by modules.storageUidImporter?

I'd be grateful for further clarification before hitting "Start"... ;)

Best regards --

-- Torsten