[TYPO3-english] Unable to install new release of Typo3

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue May 27 00:25:11 CEST 2014

Hi Tony,

Tony Harrison wrote:

> Can anyone help me with this issue as I really want to use the new version
> of Typo3 v6.2 rather than using the 4.7 version. I am using the latest
> php_openssl.dll file in PHP and I have tried different PHP packages from
> the main site and others including Xampp.
>
> Is this a new bug ?

Not in TYPO3 CMS. You are not loading openssl library. You can verify this
by checking with the following file
------------->8----------------
<?php phpinfo(); />
------------->8----------------

Just put this file into your webroot as e.g. info.php can call it with your
browser.
It will print all the PHP environment stuff in a nice table. Verify that the
openssl module is loaded at.
You can find further help at your web server support boards or you can try
here by posting your server details.

TYPO3 CMS 6.2 will not work without the saltedpasswords extension which
requires a correctly configured openssl module.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!