[TYPO3-english] Unable to install new release of Typo3

Tony Harrison tonyharrison2 at hotmail.com
Mon May 26 19:52:39 CEST 2014

Hi All,

I am looking to going back onto Typo3, however I am experiencing issues with the install...

I am trying to install this onto MS Server 2012 using IIS & PHP-5.5.12 / MSQL-5.5. I have also attempted this on my Win8 Laptop under Xampp with same results using PHP 5.5.11 / MYSQL5.6 / Apache 2.4.9.

The installation goes to plan right up to the point of environment checker and flags up the error (PHP php_openssl.dll not intergrated). If i ignore this error and continue to install then typo3 will hang when trying to login to the backend (Unable to decrypt salted passwords I presume). I have goggled & search the web for answers but to no avail. It also appears I am not alone on this issue.
I read some were that this is a new feature since Typo3 6.0 was brought out so I tried the older verions of Typo3 4.7. This installed & worked flawlessly and I was able to logon as normal.

Can anyone help me with this issue as I really want to use the new version of Typo3 v6.2 rather than using the 4.7 version. I am using the latest  php_openssl.dll file in PHP and I have tried different PHP packages from the main site and others including Xampp.

Is this a new bug ?

Thanks in advance for any help on this