[TYPO3-english] Import from tt_news into tx_news fails

Torsten Crass torsten.crass at ebiology.de
Sun May 25 22:02:59 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

running Typo3 6.2.2, I just tried to import a bunch of categories and news articles from the good, old tt_news into the new tx_news system (3.0.0). However, all I get when hitting "Start" in the News Import module is a JavaScript alert saying "error" without any further information. (I assume the "storageUidImporter" field in the news extension's configuration page refers to the folder the imported news records will be created in, and storageUidImporter represents a path relative to the web root where imported media files will be stored, right?)

Any ideas how one might proceed tracking the issue?

Kind regards --

-- Torsten