[TYPO3-english] How to add ViewHelper in Powermail ext. TYPO3 v. 6.2.2

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Fri May 23 17:54:00 CEST 2014

Hi,

> Okay so I have the folder /www/typo3conf/ext/powermail/Classes/ViewHelpers
> In that folder I have a file called BookIdViewHelper.php with this code

it's not a good idea to add your classes into another extension. When
you upgrade powermail, your class will be gone.

> Then on a page that link to my powermail form page i have this link
> <a
> href="http://www.domain.dk/?id=47&tx_powermail_pi1[field][30]={urs:time()}">
>
> (urs:time() is the date and I want to place that date into the powermail
> field=30)

Is this working? Is this link generated by TYPO3 or is it in a Fluid
template? And the ViewHelper name is BookId, so it should be urs:BookId,
but I doubt that it'd work.

> {namespace vh=Tx_Powermail_ViewHelpers}
> {namespace urs=Tx_Powermail_ViewHelpers}

You don't need your own namespace, just use "vh".

>                    <h3>{form.title} - {urs.time()}</h3>

If something, then it should be urs:time. Try <urs:BookId/>, or better
<vh:BookId/>

Jan