[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.2.x & CentOS/RedHat Linux

Jill E. Peterson jillande at gmail.com
Fri May 23 06:31:21 CEST 2014

Greetings Sergey,

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Sergey Alexandrov <serg at alexandrov.us>wrote:

> People,
>
> Is there any way to run TYPO3 6.2.x on the CentOS/RedHat 6.5 with
> php-5.3.3-27  ?

I believe PHP versions less than 5.3.7 have buggy namespaces support. I
can't advise if there are some files you can change in your local
installation to work around the problems, but I can suggest ways to get
newer PHP:

For RHEL 6 you can use Redhat software collections (RHSCL) to gain access
to a newer version of PHP (notably, a 5.4 release or a 5.5 release in the
beta RHSCL channel). These packages will keep you in Redhat support. If you
have a local Satellite server you just need to sync the RHSCL channel to
subscribe a system and install the newer php packages. Of course, this is
Redhat specific and not available to CentOS.

I have used a Webtatic PHP build to get newer PHP versions on CentOS and
Redhat before RHSCL. I've only done this on a development system that I had
no intention of using for production, so I replaced the default php package
by the process Webtatic documentation warns as dangerous. I didn't notice
any problems with the process, but I agree that applying it on an
already-production system may not be wise.

Jill

http://webtatic.com/packages/php54/