[TYPO3-english] Show different page icon in BE when

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue May 20 15:36:58 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 20-5-2014 14:32, Loek Hilgersom wrote:
> I renamed tx_iconClass to tx_myext_iconClass. The only other thing I had
> to change to make it work is that the iconClass should return
> 'extensions-myext-mystate' instead of just 'mystate'.

Yes, that was in the example:
$iconClass = 'extensions-<<ext_key>>-mystate';

I quickly removed all extension key and state names because they
contained too much client information :-)

You can also use a more descriptive name than "mystate". The only things
needed in the class name are 'extensions-', the extension key, '-' and
the state name. The state name must be the same as you used as key in
the array passed to addSingleIcons().

> Except clearing the sprites folder in typo3temp I also had to clear the
> opcode cache to see my changes, but it worked!

Sometimes opcode caches do not pick up changes in files. Most of the
time installing a new extension does trigger cache clearing in opcode
caches.

Great that it worked! There are so many nice ways to add information to
the page tree :-)

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor