[TYPO3-english] Images rotate automatic during upload

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon May 19 14:57:44 CEST 2014

Am 19.05.14 14:36, schrieb Peder Høy Kristensen:
> I experience a very strange problem. Not every time, but occasionally
> images rotate automatically, when I upload them to my TYPO3 ver 6.1.8
> installation. Images on my hard disk look as they should, but not in
> file liste or in 'Images' element on TYPO3.
> I would very much appreciate, if someone could tell me, why this very
> strange thing happens.

modern cameras have sensors about orientation while taking pictures and
this orientation is stored a jpeg-tag in the image.
some software takes account to this tag and rotate the image according
to get the correct orientation, other software ignores the tag and
displays the picture in landscape mode.
if you (lossless) rotate an image the tag may be removed and the image
is stored in the new orientation. or only the orientation-flag is
changed. depending on the software.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html