[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 on a NFS filesystem

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Tue May 13 12:30:29 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm maintaining a large site that is using a networked NFS filesystem. I had
several issues with this, due to some bugs in PHP (PHP sometimes reports FALSE
on file-operations, eventhough the operation succeeds). Also locking of
file-operations appears to be buggy on NFS.

Today there was a corrupted configuration cache, I suspect because of concurrent
processes trying to write to the same file.

Except for a few remarks here and there, and an occasional bugfix related to
NFS, I have not found much information about TYPO3 and NFS. Is TYPO3 supposed to
work fine on NFS? What are the experiences? Do you use any specific
configuration to deal with NFS?

Thanks!
Loek