[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.2.2 and UTF8 file system: [SYS][systemLocale]

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Mon May 12 13:14:13 CEST 2014

Thanks Jigal for this explanation - it makes perfect sense.

Combined with Markus' response, the bottom line is:

- if you do not need UTF8-filename-support, or if you do not have a
UTF8-capable file system, then simply leave "systemLocale" disabled.

- if you require UTF8-filename-support and if you have a UTF8-capable
file system such as ext4, then enable "UTF8filesystem" and set
"systemLocale" to a locale that is installed on your system, such as
'en_US.utf8' for example.

Thanks guys... I will keep this in mind :-)

Cheers
Michael