[TYPO3-english] T3 6.2, Images and [FE][activatecontentadapter]

hansz hansz at zwet.net
Mon May 12 08:49:32 CEST 2014

Hello Board,

After having been away from Typo3 since version 4.2.x (can't remember exactly what sub.version), I've recently returned to version 6.2.
Using the tutorials I found on Typo3Buddy, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things and being pleasantly surprised by all the improvements.

As a pet/learning project I'm now in the process of setting up a website for my son's soccer team, using a Linux Mint server at home.
After having to learn Fluid (What a breath of fresh air that is), I'm now getting to the stage where I start putting some actual content into the website (and testing all the templates/layouts).

And that's where I ran into a problem I can't really explain ... Instead of displaying images (for instance using the content type Text & Images), a white box with a question mark was displayed (Distribution.png).

After spending the best part of last night, I found the answer to solving the problem on the german parts of this forum (sorry for not being able to post the link, I can only do that after 3 post, this being the first :) )

However, reading up a bit further on the [FE][activateContentAdapter] setting it seems this significantly seems to slow T3 down. Now the question  is ... what does this setting do to solve my initial problem, and why don't things work when it is disabled ? ...

I hope this question makes sense ...

thnx for your time & efforts in advance.

regards,

Hansz.