[TYPO3-english] Extension list

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri May 9 13:46:28 CEST 2014

Hi Philipp,

> We would need some solr expert to make this happen. The compatible versions
> are already available in each version record as json inside a field.
> We would need someone who can adapt the indexing configuration and more
> important the list template (the TER list is always a solr search result).

True.

>> Additionally, I don't install an extension without any manual, just to
>> say.
>
> Same as above. There is already a field for this (AFAIK). Although this on
> is not yet actively filled. But since we have a messaging queue now, we
> could wait for docs.typo3.org and fill the field once a documentation is
> rendered. Therefore would could add this to the solr index configuration
> again and adapt the template (needs a solr guy).

This has nothing to do with the question here. I just say that I don't
install an extension without a manual. There is already an indication
whether a manual is available, nothing to do here. Furthermore, we
(DocTeam) are currently working on using and reporting using a messaging
queue.

> Anyway with the next deployment (or at least the once after that) we will
> get the outdated extensions filter and a job that marks extensions as
> outdated once they do not support at least one actively maintained version.
> e.g. 4.3-4.6 is valid because of 4.5; 4.6-4.6 is not valid any more, etc.

Yes, I've seen that the patch has been merged now, so I'm really looking
forward to the next deployment :)

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers