[TYPO3-english] Extension list

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri May 9 07:51:55 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 8-5-2014 15:26, Katja Lampela wrote:
> It seems that at the moment the extensions' most valuable information is
> for what TYPO3 version it fits? And with which it conflicts.
>
> So it's not the extension version, but TYPO3 version that interests us.
> Would it be possible to have these infos into the extension list?

For a while TER only accepts extensions which tell with which TYPO3
versions they are compatible. Quite a few older version don't provide
that information.

It would of course be possible to add extra information to the extension
list in the Extension Manager. We need to have a good concept on what is
useful:

- list all extensions with core version compatibility
- list all extensions with an indicator (e.g. some icon)
- list only extensions which have not indicated to be incompatible with
the current core version (= extensions which claim to be compatible plus
all extensions without any information)
- list only extensions which have not indicated to be incompatible with
the current core version + option to list all
- ...

Can you investigate what most integrators / administrators would like to
see?

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor