[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.2.2 and UTF8 file system: [SYS][systemLocale]

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Wed May 7 14:06:05 CEST 2014

Hi,

The Install Tool in TYPO3 6.2.2 informs me, that:

$GLOBALS[TYPO3_CONF_VARS][SYS][systemLocale] is not set. This is fine as
long as no UTF-8 file system is used.

I did not see this before... is this new? :-)
Anyway, checking the following settings:

[SYS][UTF8filesystem]
[SYS][systemLocale]

Both are not set (or "0") by default. However, I use Debian 7.5, ext4
and have set locales to UTF8:

admin:~$ locale -a

C.UTF-8
en_US.utf8
POSIX

So, I assume, I should tick the checkbox at [UTF8filesystem], but are
there any recommendations for [systemLocale] for my setup, e.g. "LC_ALL"?

Thanks + Cheers
Michael