[TYPO3-english] mm_forum

amadeo Marketing & Design - Paul Garais garais at amadeo-marketing.de
Mon Mar 31 14:34:34 CEST 2014

Hi list!

on a shared-hosting account I am using in one TYPO3 installation (v. 4.7) the mm_forum extension (v.
1.9.5). It worked out for several weeks but today it started to get performance problems. I know
that the performance of a shared-hosting account is limited but in this case it has 128 MB RAM limit
and some good portion of the cpu power of that server. There are just 3 forums within one category
in that board. If you use the forum without being logged in you can use it without problems and the
forums (not only the "open" one), I start getting internal server errors (500).

So the question is: Does the forum need so much more ressources just because one user is logged in?
All others can still use the forum without getting any error even at the same time and the site
responds fast and nice. But as soon as you log in you just get errors on every page where a forum
plugin is placed (like private messages, edit user info, etc.).

Thanks for your support!

*Paul Garais*

Tel. (02 51) 620 651-73
Fax (02 51) 620 651-69