[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3-core] TYPO3 6.2.0 Post-Release Information

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Fri Mar 28 12:21:04 CET 2014

Hi,

great reception of the new TYPO3 6.2 LTS release! Many thanks to all for
the nice and warm words. Also many thank for your (constructive)
criticism, reports on bugs and questions about the release. Those are
important for us to recognize where we could still improve.

"After the release is before the next release"

We are collecting the first important issues that you might have had to
be able to fix them during the next days in order to release a 6.2.1
rather soon. This is quite natural due to the huge amount of feedback we
are getting now.

One critical point is that the Introduction Distribution does not
properly work (error in the frontend: "File
/introduction/images/theme/IntroductionPackage.png/ does not exist.").
This is already fixed in master and will be part of 6.2.1. See [2]. A
quick work-around is to simply copy the files over manually:

  cp -r typo3conf/ext/introduction/Initialisation/Files/*  \
     fileadmin/introduction/

Besides that, you can read what I currently consider as important in the
projects Wiki [1]. If you catch other critical issues, please let me know.

Also keep in mind that we have not branched "6.2" yet in the GIT
repository, meaning the the team's focus is still on fixing bugs and
optimizing the 6.2 experience.

Besides fixing bugs, we are also still open for performance
enhancements. We can still add improvements on that area to 6.2. The
only requirement is that these changes should be non breaking and
backwards compatible.

Next week (Monday until Wednesday) the TYPO3 CMS Team will be meeting in
the annual "ACME" (Active Contributors Meeting) in Nürnberg [3] where we
will discuss the short-term, mid-term and long-term future of TYPO3 CMS.
You hear more about that later on!

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3cms-v62/wiki/Issues