[TYPO3-english] Version 6.2 beta: Backend group access problems, a BUG?

Vincent Mans vincent at vibis.nl
Thu Mar 13 12:23:17 CET 2014

Hi folks,

Let me describe what I found with Permissions and Access. I found this in
6.2bèta6, but didn't reproduce it in other versions (current lack of time).
With the risk of making a complete fool of myself.

Anyway, better safe than sorry. Here it is.

There is a basic group "basic-settings". There is another group called
"main-editors" (the names have been changed, it's as general example).

The group "main-editors" has "basic-settings" as a sub group.

If I create a backend user and I make him member of "main-editors", he
obviously gets the settings of "basic-settings" with it.

But here is the thing: if this backend user creates a page, the Group
Access of that page is assigned to group "basic-settings".

This is wrong, or not? Shouldn't it be assigned to "main-editors"? Because
"by proxy" there are much more editors member of group "basic-settings"
than there are of "main-editors", resulting in users having access to pages
we don't want.

Three options. Is this a bug, or a config-setting I missed, or am I
completely and utterly mistaken in the concept?

Thanks,
Vincent