[TYPO3-english] Synology Model DS1513+

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat Mar 8 01:08:29 CET 2014

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for letting me tanking a look around. Just a small summery for anyone
who might search for the same problem.

Felipe Lembcke wrote:

> MolecularDS>
> MolecularDS> which convert
> /opt/bin/convert
> MolecularDS>

ImageMagick is even installed by default in /usr/bin. However it does not
seem to be possible to call it via the any of the exec function family.
It looks like Synology has implemented some strange kind of save_mode
(without actually enabling save_mode) that prevents PHP from calling
executables.
According to the synology forum, setting safe_mode_exec_dir should do the
trick, but this setting does not have an effect.

I can reproduce the problem on my own DS414 too. This seems to be a general
issue with Synology's php "frankenstein" variant.

Unfortunately it does not seem to be possible to use the advanced image
functions. However I can confirm that the basic image manipulation using the
GD library does work.

I let you know if I manage to find a workaround.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!