[TYPO3-english] mnoGoSearch indexing

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 08:21:11 CET 2014

Hi!

Pero Peric wrote:
> ah TYPO3, TYPO3.. 5 millions of features, fluid, space ship enterprises
> and when it comes to elementary modules like search.. indexed search not
> good for many pages, mnoGoSearch indexes something i didn't tell him to
> index, solr probably good but ofcourse java + tomcat bla bla.. What am i
> left with.. maybe this ke_search but based on experience something is
> probably wrong there too :-) And we are talking about module that is
> almost on every site. ah..
>
> Maybe this people that are putting so much effort in things like fluid
> and space ship enterprises could come down to earth a bit and make some
> built in fast working search to replace indexed search, but it seems
> that's not so fancy.. ah..

For mnoGoSearch I had to uses mnoGoSearch'es own indexer, which is not
highly customizable. It is a crawler and indexer all-in-one. The problem
you described comes from the way mnoGoSearch works.

For now I would suggest Solr as a much better alternative. I hate java &
products that use java but I was able to set up the whole thing in about
two hours without any prior experience. It is really not that difficult if
you have a little *nix, xml and console skills.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Today is a good day to have a good day.