[TYPO3-english] Inserting non-root TYPO3 Page URL into Facebook

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 22:10:17 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I thought this would be obvious but I guess not. I have a client who wants to do manual entry of some of their T3 4.5LTS site's pages into facebook. When they insert the root page url into the facebook "what's on your mind?" input box (ex. www.mysite.com) , it works. However, the moment they reference a specific database-driven page (ex. www.mysite.com/126.html) they get the following error:

HTTP Error 400
www.mysite.com
We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /126.html on this server. The automated program you are using is not permitted to access this server.

This error is not limited to their domain either - it's happening on every T3-driven non-root page.
I checked with my server team and they say it's because the pages are database-driven and facebook doesn't have access to the database. However, it seems odd that TYPO3 is - outside of the root URL - incompatible with facebook?

Any input you may have is, as always, greatly appreciated,
-Scott.