[TYPO3-english] ext. manuals on typo3.org not accessible

Pero Peric pperic at mail.com
Wed Mar 5 12:12:43 CET 2014

On 5.3.2014. 11:20, François Suter wrote:
> Hi Pero,
>
>> It's not insulting.. it's part of fckin american culture :-) It's just
>> little spice, dont't worry be happy.
>
> Well, when your message is already expressing frustration and anger,
> it's easy to misunderstand your meaning. But let's leave it at that.
>
>> Yes, i was also looking what's new about TYPO3 books in general and it's
>> not looking very promising. Half of books are on fckin :-) german and
>> the other half is from past century. I mean, is it really so expensive
>> to translate book to english or publishers don't see market outside
>> Germany? I mean, i like German although i don't understand much, but
>> lets face it.. english rocks the planet so publishing in German .. wtf!?
>
> It's exactly that, no market. O'Reilly Germany published several books
> about TYPO3 but was never interested in translating any to English.
> Packt Publishing published several books about TYPO3, but they are not
> being updated, I don't know why, if it's a financial issue, a lack of
> interest or whatever other reason.
>
> I'm not really enthusiastic about books as they get outdated pretty
> quickly, especially in projects that evolve a lot such as TYPO3 CMS. I'm
> not too keen on wikis either, because information can be quite chaotic
> until there's a group dedicated to following up on contributions,
> validating their quality, etc. I prefer official documentation, the way
> we have it, but we unfortunately lack manpower.

Yeah, when i was starting with TYPO3 back there 2004 i was very WOW
about documentation. It was very good, but i have feeling that during
years not much changed there. I mean it was ok, TYPO3 didn't change so
drastically so it was fine. Now with this FLUID things are changing.
Good documentation/tutorial like modern template building would help a lot.

Regards.