[TYPO3-english] ext. manuals on typo3.org not accessible

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 5 11:20:34 CET 2014

Hi Pero,

> It's not insulting.. it's part of fckin american culture :-) It's just
> little spice, dont't worry be happy.

Well, when your message is already expressing frustration and anger,
it's easy to misunderstand your meaning. But let's leave it at that.

> Yes, i was also looking what's new about TYPO3 books in general and it's
> not looking very promising. Half of books are on fckin :-) german and
> the other half is from past century. I mean, is it really so expensive
> to translate book to english or publishers don't see market outside
> Germany? I mean, i like German although i don't understand much, but
> lets face it.. english rocks the planet so publishing in German .. wtf!?

It's exactly that, no market. O'Reilly Germany published several books
about TYPO3 but was never interested in translating any to English.
Packt Publishing published several books about TYPO3, but they are not
being updated, I don't know why, if it's a financial issue, a lack of
interest or whatever other reason.

I'm not really enthusiastic about books as they get outdated pretty
quickly, especially in projects that evolve a lot such as TYPO3 CMS. I'm
not too keen on wikis either, because information can be quite chaotic
until there's a group dedicated to following up on contributions,
validating their quality, etc. I prefer official documentation, the way
we have it, but we unfortunately lack manpower.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch