[TYPO3-english] ext. manuals on typo3.org not accessible

Pero Peric pperic at mail.com
Wed Mar 5 11:03:42 CET 2014

On 5.3.2014. 7:58, François Suter wrote:
> Hi Pero,
>
>> So what i wanted in first place was to see what is this FLUID that
>> everybody is speaking about. Everywhere u go FLUID this FLUID that
>> [snip]
>> of FLUID and u'll know. Sorry i had to write this, it was so frustrating
>> searching for some simple info..
>
> While I can understand your frustration, using "f**k" every other word
> and insulting people is not helpful. Please try to stay courteous.

It's not insulting.. it's part of fckin american culture :-) It's just
little spice, dont't worry be happy.

> That being said I agree that I wonder how beginners actually get to
> grips with Fluid. There's indeed a dreadful lack of documentation.
> There's actually some stuff available, but since it's either old or not
> really "official", it's hard to point to it.
>
> There's the old Extbase and Fluid book [1], but it's quite out of date,
> and there's the Flow documentation [2], which is fine, but may mislead
> you since there are differences between Extbase and Flow. The Fluid
> reference should be mostly okay.

Yes, i was also looking what's new about TYPO3 books in general and it's
not looking very promising. Half of books are on fckin :-) german and
the other half is from past century. I mean, is it really so expensive
to translate book to english or publishers don't see market outside
Germany? I mean, i like German although i don't understand much, but
lets face it.. english rocks the planet so publishing in German .. wtf!? :-)

regards.