[TYPO3-english] ext. manuals on typo3.org not accessible

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 5 09:30:04 CET 2014

Hi Alessandro,

> forgive me for this comment .... but.... I believe that the "senior" users of TYPO3 can ignore this issue or find another way to download the required manuals; otherwise,  new users or administrators get some trouble from this.
> Maybe they do not have a good perception about the potentiality of TYPO3, because this, at first sight, results as a mess.

You're right, but this thread actually covered two things. The first one
was about wrong links to manuals, which are - of course - not good but
are a rather technical issue in the end.

The second issue - raised later - is about how to find information at
all on certain topics. There's no denying that the situation is far from
optimal. From my point of view it is essentially due to the fact that
TYPO3 CMS is a very complex system which requires a lot of
documentation, but the Documentation Team has been understaffed for
years. Maybe we should think about requesting budget for a full time
technical writer, since voluntary efforts are obviously insufficient.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch