[TYPO3-english] ext. manuals on typo3.org not accessible

Pero Peric pperic at mail.com
Tue Mar 4 23:49:52 CET 2014

On 4.3.2014. 23:19, François Suter wrote:
> Hi Pero,
>
> There are rules to follow for manuals to be rendered correctly. If
> documentation is based on reStructuredText, it is expected either to be
> a full structure beginning with Documentation/Index.rst, or a single
> file at the root of the extension called README.rst. If based on
> OpenOffice, it must be located in doc/manual.sxw.
>
> Any other combination will not work.
>
>> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/gridelements/2.0.2
>
> I checked that one recently, it uses Documentation/manual.sxw, which
> will not work.
>
>> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/flux/6.0.2
>
> This one has a README.md (not .rst) and only a couple of image files in
> Documentation. This does not work either.
>
> What is wrong, though, is that the TER should not have a link to a
> documentation that cannot be rendered. I'm not entirely sure, but I
> think it bases itself on a file provided by docs.typo3.org (at least I
> know we provide one, but I'm not sure if the TER uses it), so it may be
> our file that is wrong.
>
> So you're right that there's something to dig into.

So what i wanted in first place was to see what is this FLUID that
everybody is speaking about. Everywhere u go FLUID this FLUID that.. And
everywhere u go there is no normal explanation WTF is this in fact. I go
to beginners guide, to offical site, i go to 10 sites and they speak
about functions, viewhelpers bla bla bla. Then i decided to see
documentation for Flux extension and i get 404. I was really WTF is
wrong with all this!? And then after 3h i found one site with some fluid
template tutorial and finaly saw wtf is FLUID. So everyone of you that
is like me - FLUID is fckin wanna be copy of PHP Smarty template engine
if u know what's that. If you don't know then just google smarty instead
of FLUID and u'll know. Sorry i had to write this, it was so frustrating
searching for some simple info..

Regards.