[TYPO3-english] EXT:media confused by sys_file_metadata

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Tue Mar 4 14:23:21 CET 2014

Hey there.

I’m currently looking at some edges concerning asset handling.
There I stumbled across the “EXT:media”, which looks quite nice according to the available demo site.

Then I figured out that it doesn’t play nice with current 6.2 since several data form sys_file has been moved to sys_file_metadata, which seems to be slightly out of scope for the current record handling.
I’m trying to do facets (filters through the search box) on “categories”. But not only the “categories” being available through core but on at least two different additional category properties my file model needs to handle.

The whole EXT:media (hmm, that’s part of EXT:vidi, as far as I can see) isn’t really up to handling more than a single table at once, at least when it comes to the facet thingy.

Any suggestions? Is anybody using this feature, or maybe even working on it?

I’m really interested in using this, and I’m totally fine with creating a patch that makes it work. But since the EXT:media as on-top application on EXT:vidi is a rather complex thingy I’m a bit anxious about changing anything.

Regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de<http://media.netlogix.de>

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt