[TYPO3-english] FLUX, FCE and maxImageWidth

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Mar 4 09:58:09 CET 2014

Am 03.03.14 17:24, schrieb Christian Tauscher:

> Hello again.
>
> Im building some FCE-Elements. They are very Fixed, but the layout may
> change throug the layout-field of the CE.
>
> Width TemplaVoila I could define in the TemplateObject the
> maxImageWidth, depending on the Layout field.
>
> Width fluid/FLUX I need a helping TypoScript and the v:switch

>      <v:switch value="{layout}">
>        <v:case case="1" break="TRUE">
>          <f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath="lib.contentGet.350" />
>        </v:case>
>        <v:case case="2" break="TRUE">
>          <f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath="lib.contentGet.750" />
>        </v:case>
>        <v:case case="default">
>          <f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath="lib.contentGet.550" />
>        </v:case>
>      </v:switch>
>
>      <flux:flexform.renderContent area="column1" />
>
>       <f:cObject typoscriptObjectPath="lib.RESTORE_REGISTER" />
> ...more columns to be defined...
>
> lib.contentGet.xxx = LOAD_REGISTER
> lib.contentGet.xxx.maxImageWidth = xxx
> ... more sizes defined here
> lib.RESTORE_REGISTER = RESTORE_REGISTER
>
> This works great, the Editor never has to care about the real ImageWith
> in the column he wants to use. Simply drag and drop around and always
> have correct rendered Images.
> (its not like the so modern responsive attempt: allway reder with the
> max possible/thinkable with and let the browser do the rest -> this is
> nonens btw...)
>
> Finally my Question: Can this be done more simple?
> Some TS-Load_Resister-inline-viewhelper that saves me the TypoScript???
> What ever.
>
> I'd like to keep things together.
>
> width fluid everything is ... so bloated, so tattered, so splitted
> I don't really like this.
>

> Thank you for helping me my way into the secrets of fluid,
>
> Christian.

why don't you use <f:image width="123m" ... /> in place instead of all
that typoscript objects with registers?

have you got the concept of partials/sections and parameters?

I often use <v:var.set name="..." value="..." /> to set values inside fluid.

the other simplification are sections which can be used like
template-functions with individual parameteres.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html