[TYPO3-english] Robots.txt for multiple domains

Tony Lush tlush at advancewm.com
Tue Mar 4 03:29:22 CET 2014

I am trying to get individual robots.txt files configured for a TYPO3
installation with multiple domains. To do that I have created individual
files for each domain in a directory at the root level named /robots

In .htaccess I have as the final rewrite rule:

# Rewrite URL for robots.txt
RewriteRule ^robots\.txt$ robots/%{HTTP_HOST}.txt [L]

In the /robots directory I have the files

     www.domain1.com.txt
     www.domain2.de.txt
     www.domain3.ca.txt

Each has domain specific information, like the address for the
sitemap.xml files created by seo_basics.

However, when I go to www.domain1.com/robots.txt I get a page not found
404 error.

Is there a better approach to handle this?

Thank you -- Tony