[TYPO3-english] mnoGoSearch indexing

Pero Peric pperic at mail.com
Mon Mar 3 11:00:33 CET 2014

On 3.3.2014. 9:14, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Pero Peric wrote:
>> so, does this mean that links are kept although they are outside search
>> markers?
>
> mnoGoSearch works by crawling links. So if you only keep the text inside
> search markers, only pages referred from the main content will be
> indexed. This means that if you exclude the menu, nothing will be found.
>
> So links outside of the content are indexed.

Hm. I understand it crawls pages by links but why it index links? I see
this as two separate processes. In the end why it shows those links in
search results? So, why am i asking this. I have a page with top menu
with many menu subitems that is shown on all pages and main content on a
page. I have put search markers around main content. Now, when i do some
search that includes a word found in menu item/subitem i get many
invalid search results - there is no such a word in main content. Is
there a way to solve this? Thx.

regards.