[TYPO3-english] Extbase FAL file download

Sinisa Mitrovic sinisa.mitrovic at avisto-eastern.com
Fri Jun 27 09:14:03 CEST 2014

Hi everybody,

I have question about file download with Extbase and FAL. I can render
image with:
<f:image src="{file.uid}" alt="" width='100' height="100"
treatIdAsReference="1"/>

I can get image, but I also have PDF file for download, and I can't use
this ViewHelper. Is there any other ViewHelper for file downloads?
If i dump that file i get this:
file => TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Domain\Model\FileReferenceprototypepersistent
entity (uid=1, pid=1)
          originalResource => NULL
          uid => 1 (integer)
          _localizedUid => 1 (integer)modified
          _languageUid => 0 (integer)modified
          pid => 1 (integer)

originalResource is null for file, and for image, but image is printed
with that ViewHelper. And I can't get file...

In my TCA I have this for file:

         'file' => array(
             'exclude' => 1,
             'label' =>
'LLL:EXT:extension/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_db.xlf:tx_extension_domain_model_downloadfile.file',
             'config' =>
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::getFileFieldTCAConfig(
                 'file',
                 array('maxitems' => 1),
                 'pdf, zip, doc, docx, xls, xlsx'
             ),
         ),

I can use default Typo3 file instead like

         'file' => array(
             'exclude' => 0,
             'label' =>
'LLL:EXT:extension/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_db.xlf:tx_extension_domain_model_downloadfile.file',
             'config' => array(
                 'type' => 'group',
                 'internal_type' => 'file',
                 'allowed' => 'pdf, zip, doc, docx, xls, xlsx',
                 'disallowed' => 'php,php3',
                 'max_size' =>
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['maxFileSize'],
                 'uploadfolder' => 'uploads/tx_extension',
                 'show_thumbs' => 1,
                 'size' => 1,
                 'minitems' => 0,
                 'maxitems' => 1,
             )
         ),

Is there a way, or ViewHelper to do this with FAL?

Best regards,