[TYPO3-english] jm_quote - TYPO3 ver 6.2.x

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Thu Jun 19 12:16:39 CEST 2014

Hi Peder!

I took a quick look at this extension.
Honestly, you don't need that extension at all.
Just take a sysfolder, create a content element per citation (eg. Header = Author, Text = Text), and add some TypoScript.
You can even use a Fluid template to render this.

Hacking together some code quickly, untested:

temp.randomQuoteRenderObj = FLUIDTEMPLATE
temp.randomQuoteRenderObj {
  template = TEXT
  variables.author.field = title
  variables.text.field = bodytext
}

temp.randomQuote = CONTENT
temp.randomQuote {
  select.selectFields = title, bodytext
  select.pidInList = {$pidForQuotes}
  select.orderBy = RAND()
  select.max = 1
  renderObj < temp.randomQuoteRenderObj
}

You can (and should) move the Fluid template to a file of course.

Cheers
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member