[TYPO3-english] Re: How to enable "select & upload file" in BE

Torsten Crass torsten.crass at ebiology.de
Mon Jun 9 23:21:09 CEST 2014

Hi,

Quote: hinterindien wrote on Sat, 07 June 2014 00:56
> I have a typo3 6.2 installation.
>
> As admin, I can add a content-element "file-links" and I find a button there: "select & upload files".
>
> How do I enable this button for other BE users?
>
> Since I want to keep the backend clean for the other users, I disabled everything that was not needed. But after an update from 4.5 to 6.2 the possibility to upload files disappeared. I already found that I have to enable all "file"-related tables in BE. But something else must be needed to ght the upload button back.

same here! Actually, I already observed this probleme with 6.1, and images and text+images content elements are affected, too.

I understand the missing button is related to the "File upload directly in Doc-module" option in the "User settings" module. However, ticking this checkbox didn't help, and neither did forcing it to be always on using

setup.default.edit_docModuleUpload = 1
setup.override.edit_docModuleUpload = 1

in the user group's TSConfig.

Maybe its some excludefield that has to explicitly be enabled in addition to all file-related tables?

Regards --

-- Torsten