[TYPO3-english] fe_user field modification

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Jun 5 08:33:29 CEST 2014

Am 04.06.14 23:20, schrieb Katja Lampela:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use existing field "title" of the fe_user table for other
> purposes and I want to change the type from textfield to textarea.
>
> Now the installation is 6.1.9. Would someone be so kind to tell me which
> files I should modify?

just create an extension (depending on fe_users) which modifies just the
TCA-declaration for this field.
be aware of the changed mechanism for 6.2:

EXT:myext/Configuration/TCA/tca.php
EXT:myext/Configuration/TCA/Overrides/fe_users.php

[1] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/ExtendingTca/Index.html

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html