[TYPO3-english] Website Synchronisation

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Wed Jun 4 19:39:04 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 06/04/2014 06:47 PM, Miguel wrote:

> My question is if there is some extension that allows me to syncronize
> the new work created and "inject" these new changes directly to the main
> website.

I think this is a quite common problem. Depending on what you would like
to synchronize there are different approaches.

If you just want to synchronize extension code I would suggest using git
or rsync on your typo3conf directory.

If what you would like to synchronize is the mysql database then the
question arises if someone (editors) are allowed to make updates to the
live system. If this is the case it gets complicated. There are some
extensions out there which take care of synchronizing TYPO3 databases
but there will always be cases where an automatic synchronization isn't
possible. Just think of a content element being modified on both
instances. Which one should be the correct one? The one with the later
modification date? The one which got content added but not deleted?

If you just want to clone your development database to the live system I
suggest creating a script which does

mysqldump --params-of-dev-db | mysql --params-of-live-db

greetings,
Bernhard