[TYPO3-english] How to fix broken connections since updating static_info_tables?

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 16:03:59 CEST 2014

Thinking it harmless, I recently updated static_info_tables.
Unfortunately it now appears that the previously existing links to these tables are broken.
For example, a drop-down list on the registration form for users to select their nationality now comes up empty.
Furthermore, the profiles of already registered users who had indicated their nationality now also show empty on the front end, although I can see numerical entries in the corresponding "additional_data" field in the DB.
Where are these connections maintained, and how can I restore them?
Could this also account for errors such as:

  Record fe_users:1260 had 8 added indexes and 0 deleted indexes
  Table fe_users has 8 lost indexes which are now deleted
  Record sys_dmail:8 had 1 added indexes and 1 deleted indexes
<<
which I now see in "Check Reference Index" under "DB check"?
--
Typo3 4.5.18 - 4.5.29
PHP 5.3