[TYPO3-english] 6.2: Compare current database with specification

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Jul 31 18:47:51 CEST 2014

Hi Jan,

Jan Kornblum wrote:

> The install tool (Compare current database with specification) didn't
> give me any hint about this. But it should say something like "there
> are TCA definitions without any corresponding database table / column"
> or similar... We had this in 4.5, didn't we?

We had this in the old install tool. However, it never really worked. To say
it better, the results always needed interpretation by a developer and never
fully reflected the required state (because changes via TSconfig are not
shown).
I guess this are part of the reasons why it was not reimplemented for the
new install tool.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!