[TYPO3-english] indexed_search filtering

Muriel le Pair typo3 at strangefruit.nl
Thu Jul 31 10:10:43 CEST 2014

Ian Devlin schreef op 28-07-14 13:09:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to filter the results indexed_search
> returns?
>
> e.g. the normal search returns results that include pages and also data
> from an extension. I need two searches (or a way to filter them) so I can
> display data from the extension only, i.e. ignore pages and everything else.
>
> I thought that setting something like:
> plugin.tx_indexedsearch._DEFAULT_PI_VARS.sections on the page (for search
> results) might help, but it simply doesn't work.
>
> The documentation for indexed_search is quite poor, so if anyone can help I
> would appreciate it.

Hi Ian,

The documentation for indexed_search is indeed very poor, and virtually
none existing. But if you look at the code indexed_search generates you
can easily adapt this to filter on a certain section.

So first enable advanced search to see all possible options:
plugin.tx_indexedsearch {

   show {
     advancedSearchLink = 1
   }
}

Then take a close look at the advanced search form and add the options
you need to your search form.

--
kind regards,

Muriel le Pair