[TYPO3-english] 6.2: Compare current database with specification

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Wed Jul 30 10:14:16 CEST 2014

Hi newsgroup,

in the 6.2 install tool there is only the option "Compare current
database with specification" left. In 4.5, there were additional
options to compare from "different directions" (tca->db, db->tca,
etc.).

I've just done another 6.2 upgrade and removed a certain extension
before. Having done so i've got many sql errors in the backend. The
reason was, that i've overwritten a certain column definition (image
size) of the removed extension in typo3conf/ext_tables.php.

The install tool (Compare current database with specification) didn't
give me any hint about this. But it should say something like "there
are TCA definitions without any corresponding database table / column"
or similar... We had this in 4.5, didn't we?

Kind regards, Jan