[TYPO3-english] Select content of specific language

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Mon Jul 28 21:38:47 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I have 3 column layout and 3 languages. For the 3rd language I'd need 2
columns to fallback to language ID 1 and in the 3rd column to display
given language content. So basically I create translation only of the
one column, leaving the other 2 empty. Problem is that with

config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback;1,0

I see the default language values instead of ID 1. As I understand it,
this applies only to the whole page and not specific content elements.
Is that right?

Is it possible to force language in select?

lib.col1 < styles.content.getLeft
lib.col2 < styles.content.getRight
lib.col1.slide = -1
lib.col2.slide = -1
lib.col1.select.sys_language_uid = 1 ???
lib.col2.select.sys_language_uid = 1 ???

Thanks

Jan